httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite on Netware
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:34:28 GMT
At 01:17 PM 3/19/2003, you wrote:

>Anybody happen to know if mod_rewrite is actually known to work on Netware
>right now?  One of my former colleagues is playing with it (on 2.0.44) and
>having some problems that smell of a file path canonicalization bug to me.
>See below.
>If I change the last RewriteRule to:
>
>      RewriteRule ^(.+)\.wlu\.edu\/*(.*)        HOME:/$1/public_html/$2
>
>I get the URL "HOME:HOME:/biology2/public_html/index.html" with a Doc
>Root????

I'm guessing that Netware says HOME:/ is an incomplete path... you
might need to use machine/HOME:/ instead to trick Netware into
accepting that path.  I'm not 100% certain on that; but we should
be asking APR if the path corresponds to a legitimate rooted filepath.

The advantage is that machine/vol: syntax disambiguates the path
from a legitimate scheme prefix.  (I don't believe that slash is even
legitimate in the scheme-part.)

Bill