httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: how to get 2.0.45-dev ?
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:58:03 GMT
At 08:31 AM 3/11/2003, G√ľnter Knauf wrote:
>Hi,
>just wanted to compile 2.0.45 (need it because of 3rd-party module lower MMN) but I dont
know how to get it:
>- http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/ has only 2.1-dev, but its named 2.0
>- http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ also only shows 2.1-dev, but named httpd-2.0
>- cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co httpd-2.0 also returns 2.1-dev
>
>so how can I get current 2.0-stable ??

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co -r APACHE_2_0_BRANCH httpd-2.0

Or you could refer to the Developer News that's been there for the past
four or five months; http://httpd.apache.org/dev/ :-)

>and: wouldnt it make sense to rename all these 2.0 to 2.1 to avoid confusion??

For the snapshots - I concur, but for the cvs repository name, no,
because the admins here advise strongly against renaming cvs
snapshots or creating aliases with the old pointers.  They have good
points (I don't entirely agree - but they've been at this longer than I).

>and would be nice to have 2.0-stable also as snapshots...

Agreed 100%

Bill