httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: httpd 2.0.45-alpha on Solaris 9 w/Sun C 5.5 EA2 2003/01/09
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 23:46:35 GMT
Spinka, Kristofer wrote:
>>any idea why you get libpthread linked without hacking anything to refer
>>to libpthread directly, but I don't?
>

> Did you remove the "-mt" from srclib/apr/configure /
> srclib/apr/apr_threads.m4?

I'm in the middle of trying that, but I'm far enough along that I can
see that it works now :)

I don't see any indication that "-mt" in apr_threads.m4 works with
anything but Solaris cc

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/apr/Attic/threads.m4.diff?r1=1.9&r2=1.10&diff_format=h

that doesn't mean that some other unknown compiler on an obscure
platform isn't relying on that code, but we're just going to have to
find out :)

(i.e., delete the -mt check, which allows configure to discover the need
for -lpthread)

Thanks,

Jeff