httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/build/rpm httpd.init httpd.logrotate httpd.spec.in
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2003 21:27:48 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> This generates failures on Solaris (which does not have cpp).  It also
> looks
> like your grep usage is relying upon some extended grep semantics (-e).

I will take the code out of buildconf until it can be fixed. I was not
aware of these portability issues, having used the same techniques used
in the spec file (which in hindsight is obviously redhat specific).

> Looking at how other projects do it, they generate their spec files as
> output
> from autoconf rather than generating them manually.  This has the
> drawback as
> the vendor must run configure to produce the spec files, but this seems
> to be
> the common practice.  So, I think it's acceptable.  And, if you were to
> do this,
> this would become much cleaner and portable (a few AC_SUBST's and autoconf
> can find an egrep and cpp that work to expand/find the #define's for you).

Where does ap_release.h get it's version #define's from? These exist
before ./configure is generated - surely the same method (whatever it
is) can be used here?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon