httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: MPMs and Future Directions
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:45:04 GMT
Spinka, Kristofer wrote:
>>>6. Documentation.
>>
>>Apparently you are entirely unaware of the docs@httpd.apache.org team,
>>and the fact that Apache's documentation is generally regarded as one
>>of the better sets of open source docs?
>>
>>  http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/
>

> I was referring to documentation for developers, is this not the place
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/developer/ ?  If it is the correct
> place it just seems a bit sparse.

Use the source.  There has never been extensive, official Apache
developer documentation, yet there are large numbers of modules for
Apache.  Successful Apache module developers are accustomed to looking
at the sources of the modules provided with Apache, and open source 3rd
party modules, to know how to best use the Apache API.