httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Adding a rpm spec file to httpd v2.0
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:46:48 GMT
Hi all,

A while back it was discussed whether an rpm spec file could be added to
httpd v2.0 (and v2.1), and people said it was a good idea, but then it
fell by the wayside. I am looking at this again, and have a number of
questions.

When a source tarball is created, there should be an httpd.spec file in
the root of the tarball directory so that rpm -tb httpd-version.tar.gz
will work. This spec file needs to have the httpd version included in it.

Does anyone have a quick howto on how the httpd version gets embedded
into the tarball when it is rolled? I looked at the
build/httpd_roll_release file but I could not see where it was done.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street