httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Federico Mennite <federico.menn...@lifeware.ch>
Subject New patch for preventing reverse lookups mod_proxy
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2003 21:10:07 GMT
Hi,
as suggested a while back (I've been a bit busy) by members of this list
I changed the patch so that mod_proxy respects HostnameLookups when
dealing reverse lookups.

I'm not happy with it tough, because I had to add an API funtcion to the
apache core. Since i'm quite new to apache internals here's a question:
Is there an alternative path to follow? If not, what about an API
function similar to ap_get_remote_logname() but that instead of
returning a string, works with the same kind of parameters of
*ap_proxy_host2addr()?

Notes:
- in proxy_util.c/proxy_match_ipaddr(): the call to ap_proxy_host2addr()
has been forced to reverse lookups indipendently from configuration
settings. Otherwhise when the parameter for NoProxy is an IP address, it
wouldn't have the same matching it had previously. I think tough, it
could be made configuration dependent.
- in proxy_util.c/ap_proxy_is_hostname(): the call to
ap_proxy_host2addr() has been forced to NOT perform any reverse lookups.
It simply doesn't make sense unless I'm missing something.
- in mod_proxy.c/set_proxy_exclude() and set_cache_exclude(): the calls
to ap_proxy_host2addr() depend on configuration. Probably they could be
forced to NO reverse lookups.

Regards.

--
Federico Mennite