httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: any Solaris 9 users out there with worker MPM?
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:43:48 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I have seen one report of the "new" thread library not honoring an unlock
> causing a deadlock. We actually traced it and saw an call to unlock
> yet all subsequent calls to lock failed, because it wasn't released.
>
> 2 main points: this was with the Sol9 thread libs on Sol8 (as suggested
> by Sun), and (2) this was seen actually in the SSL mutex stuff, not
> in the accept mutex loop.

Humm...
I have seen a problem with the SSL mutex stuff segfaulting on shutdown
on Windows. I've not had time to debug it but a mutex_unlock in an SSL
callback (from SSLeay) fails (bad handle) then the segfault happens when
logging the message because the mutex in the apr_file_t has been
whacked. May be a pool cleanup issue...

Bill