httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cgid on hp-ux - read hangs because shutdown doesn't close
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 16:49:25 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> If somebody doesn't care about local security, mod_cgid should be able
> to see something like
>
> scriptsock 127.0.0.1:9999
>
> in the config file and use a TCP socket instead of Unix socket for
> communication with the daemon.
>
> Alternatively the handler could store the request body in a temporary
> file and have the daemon set the child's stdin to that temporary file.

no, this is a bad idea...  it has to be something with flow control and
limited buffering...  you can't have the handler sucking up 1GB of
request body to stuff in a temp file before the CGI starts reading...
and you also can't have a situation where a CGI reading faster than we
read from the network thinks it hit the end of the data