httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Current HEAD of httpd-2.0
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 13:53:13 GMT
Thom May wrote:

> * Jeff Trawick (trawick@attglobal.net) wrote :
>
> >Thom May wrote:
> >

> >>fails to configure with the following error:
> >>Construct makefiles and header files...
> >>creating config_vars.mk
> >>updating cache ./config.cache
> >>creating ./config.status
> >>creating docs/conf/httpd-std.conf
> >>sed: file conftest.s2 line 71: Unterminated `s' command
> >

> >What is your configure invocation and platform pretty-please?
>
> straight configure with no arguments, Debian GNU/Linux (unstable) with Gnu
> sed 4.0.5 .
> for what it's worth, APACHE_2_0_BRANCH configures quite happily, using the
> same apr/apr-util.

I have no problems with RedHat 6.1 and RedHat 8.0, both with GNU sed
3.02.  I'm too lazy at the moment to build GNU sed 4.0.5 right now to
see if it will then fail on my box.  You might back down on your sed
level to see if that is the crucial difference.

I'm surprised that it makes a difference when you use APACHE_2_0_BRANCH.
  I guess you checked the relevant sed invocation and found that it was
the same.  I wonder if some other parts of the config leave a stray IFS
setting or something else that could enable certain seds to get confused.