httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "John K. Sterling" <j...@sterls.com>
Subject Re: mod_ssl to-do items
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 21:50:27 GMT

As justin said, this is something that has been randomly discussed from
time to time for many years now.  MANY people see the need for this for
obvious reasons.

As for the STATUS file entry, the concrete meaning (from a high level):
1) create a pluggable session storage interface (ala perl's tied hash)
2) expose it to apache modules
3) implement some standard back-ends
4) convert the ssl code to use it for session storage.

I have heard of some pluggable c session storage code out there, but to
add another external project dependency would be lame.  perhaps it could
get added to apr-util... otherwise mod_ssl would have to compile it in locally.

that's what i remember -

sterling