httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brass, Phil (ISS Atlanta)" <PBr...@iss.net>
Subject Removing Server: header
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 20:41:57 GMT
Hi, I recently patched my debian apache server source to add a new
ServerToken value, ServerToken=Hide, which will remove the Server, Date,
and Last-Modified headers (to make server identification a little more
difficult (yes I know this is bad for proxies, if that's a big deal we
can just have it remove the Server: header, that's probably all most
people would expect anyway)).  I had to patch the server instead of
using mod_headers because these headers get added *after* the last
module is called (or so it appears).

I made my changes to debian's apache_1.3.27-0.1_i386 source package.

Anyhow, I'm curious if the httpd project would be interested in a change
like this, and if so what the best way to submit these patches would be?
Sorry to be such a n00b...

TIA,

Phil Brass
Senior Security Consultant