httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Astrid Ke├čler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: Proposal: Remove mod_imap from default list
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 22:23:27 GMT
First, I'm talking about changes in 2.1 only. I'm opposed against
changing the module status in 1.3 or 2.0, too. :)

> In this discussion about default modules, I hear three different things:

>   1) compile a module by default (or what category, e.g "most" or "all")
>   2) enable a module in the httpd.conf configuration
>   3) remove a module from the tree

> I don't think anyone means to remove the modules from Apache entirely.

Ah, thank you Glenn for clarifying this. You are absolutely right. Point
1 is, what I'm talking about.

> I do think that mod_userdir, mod_asis, mod_imap, and mod_status should
> _not_ be enabled by default in the configuration, although I see no
> reason why the should not be built at compile time.

The point is: these modules are copiled statically (by default). I would
not compile modules to be static, if they are not active by default.

 Kess

E-Mail: kess@kess-net.de