httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: ap_get_brigade question
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:45:09 GMT
--On Friday, March 14, 2003 12:50 AM -0800 Jim Carlson <jcarlson@jnous.com>
wrote:

> Howdy,
>    I have a question in the same vein as my last post.  Can I rely on
> ap_get_brigade(mode=AP_MODE_READBYTES, len=X) to return a brigade of length
> no greater than X?  It would appear not, which means I need to be prepared
> to set aside extra bytes...  But I thought this was exactly what the
> supplying filter was supposed to do!  Confirmation requested.

A filter could hypothetically ignore AP_MODE_READBYTES's len parameter and
return more.  But, none of the current filters in our core do this - they will
return at most X bytes.  I believe we take the position if a filter returns
more than X in this case, it is broken.  So, it should be a good assumption to
make.  -- justin