httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: introduce getword_conf_s?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 06:44:59 GMT
--On Thursday, March 6, 2003 11:41 PM +0100 André Malo <nd@perlig.de> wrote:

> We have a PR (16631) that mentions that at least one error log entry is not
> assigned to the appropriate error log (in 1.3). The warning is written by
> ap_getword_conf, which doesn't know anything about server_rec structures.
>
> I've discovered this by trying to forward port this feature. However, I'd
> really like to see this warning to go into 2.1 and here written to the
> right log. What do you think about introducing a wrapper around
> ap_getword_conf, called ap_getword_conf_s (or similar, suggestions welcome
> ;-)? It would take server_rec *s as a third argument and could write the
> warning into the right place.

Eek.  Is it really worth emitting a warning on #'s not occurring at position 0
in the line?  Seems like I'd prefer that this warning should be done at a
higher level than ap_getword_conf (at a level which has access to server_rec).
I'd prefer not to clutter up the interface just for *that*.  -- justin