httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/generators mod_autoindex.c
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2003 17:19:51 GMT
--On Sunday, March 2, 2003 1:45 PM +0000 nd@apache.org wrote:

> nd          2003/03/02 05:45:00
>
>   Modified:    modules/generators Tag: APACHE_2_0_BRANCH mod_autoindex.c
>   Log:
>   WS and style issues. No code changes.

For future reference, we should not backport style changes to the stable
branch.  We need to keep the diffs as minimal as possible once we hit a
releasable state.  Otherwise, it is hard to know exactly what changed from
release to release.

Dean and Roy had our definitive thread on this a few years back (during the
1.3 beta period).  I realize you probably aren't aware of this.  But, it comes
up every time someone wants to veto style changes.

No problem doing it on the unstable branch, but these shouldn't be backported
to stable.  -- justin