httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: httpd v2.0 compile fails with mod_so on Linux
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2003 09:35:50 GMT
On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 03:35:24AM +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> (fudging config.m4 to remove mod_auth-digest that refuses to compile)
>
> When I try to configure the latest head of v2.0 with the following line,
> it bombs out further down with an error:
>
> ./configure  --enable-mods-shared=all
>
> checking whether to enable mod_userdir... shared (all)
> checking whether to enable mod_alias... shared (all)
> checking whether to enable mod_rewrite... shared (all)
> configure: error: shared objects have been requested but cannot be built
> since mod_so cannot be built
>
> Again, I have attached config.log - any clues?
> configure:15185: /include/apr.h: No such file or directory
> configure:15168: error: shared objects have been requested but cannot be built since
mod_so cannot be built

This is the same problem as in the other config.log you posted -
APR_CHECK_APR_DEFINE can't find apr.h, so all the checks for APR_HAS_foo
are failing.

Maybe try adding a "echo CPPFLAGS are $CPPFLAGS" line after:

CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS $INCLUDES"

n APR_CHECK_APR_DEFINE to see why not.

joe