httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/ssl ssl_engine_config.c
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 01:11:11 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> At 06:12 PM 3/27/2003, you wrote:
> >wrowe@apache.org wrote:
> >>
> >>     This patch allows SSLMutex default:logs/ssl_mutex syntax.  It also
> >>     removes the mod_ssl historical '.pid' suffixes - that isn't how Apache2
> >>     specifies files.
> >>

> >LockFile (for AcceptMutex) still appends .pid
>
> Hmmm.  Not an issue today because the winnt mpm doesn't use the
> AcceptMutex code.  But good to note.
>
> Any objections to dropping .pid from SSLMutex'es?

Hmmm... Well, the reason we do it for the accept mutex lockfile is
so when using the default setting, you can have multiple Apache instances
on the same server and not worry about clobbering the lockfile. If
we have a default lockfile for SSLMutex, then we should protect it.
So we have something like logs/ssl_mutex??