httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Thom May <t...@planetarytramp.net>
Subject Re: using installed apxs when apr and apache are installed in different directories
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 19:17:16 GMT
* Thom May (thom@planetarytramp.net) wrote :
> * Jeff Trawick (trawick@attglobal.net) wrote :
> > can somebody confirm my results?
> >
> > apxs -c mod_foo.c
> >
> > first breakage is due to libtool referenced from wrong directory (apxs
> > looks for libtool in apache's installbuilddir instead of apr's)
> >
> > once that is fixed, now only Apache includes are found so still nothing
> > will compile since we need to find APR includes also
> yup, been looking at this for a teeny while but work keeps interupting :/
> The solution I was looking at was to add a new argument that would allow
> apxs to return true include and link lines, including the information for
> apr and apr-util.
> I'm not entirely happy that this is the right route to take, but can't
> currently think of a better one.

Ok, so sander and I were just discussing the creation of an httpd-config
script, analogous to apr-config etc, which apxs or module developers could
just call at need.
Apxs could then shed a lot of code and become a program specifically to
build modules, rather than also having to be used to query build variables
and the myriad of other stuff it currently does.
Thoughts?
-Thom