httpd-dev mailing list archives

From harald deppeler <har...@deppeler.org>
Subject Re: mod_disk_cache problem
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 19:24:48 GMT
On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 03:20:49PM +0200, Ori Tend wrote:
> I did set mod_expires to set an expiry date of "access plus 1 week" -
> and when I GET the urls from the site I see the correct "Expires: "
> value in the header-
> Yet mod_disk_cache won't cache any dynamic content (perl scripts, tomcat
> jsp's, etc).
> It does cache all the static content that apache fetches from the disk,
> though.
>
> Any idea why would that happen?

Not really. Sorry.

My only guess is that mod_expires adds the headers after the request
has been handled by mod_cache.

I suspect this behaviour would not be specific to mod_disk_cache but to
mod_cache. Have you turned on debugging in your server configuration
(LogLevel debug)?  The source indicates (see excerpt below) that you
should see log entries stating why the request is not being cached.

[...]
    }
    else if (r->args && exps == NULL) {
        /* if query string present but no expiration time, don't cache it
         * (RFC 2616/13.9)
         */
        reason = "Query string present but no expires header";
    }
[...]
if (reason) {
        ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_DEBUG, 0, r->server,
                     "cache: %s not cached. Reason: %s", url, reason);

cu - Harry