httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: any Solaris 9 users out there with worker MPM?
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:17:44 GMT
I have seen one report of the "new" thread library not honoring an unlock
causing a deadlock. We actually traced it and saw an call to unlock
yet all subsequent calls to lock failed, because it wasn't released.

2 main points: this was with the Sol9 thread libs on Sol8 (as suggested
by Sun), and (2) this was seen actually in the SSL mutex stuff, not
in the accept mutex loop.

Just a data point.

Jeff Trawick wrote:
> any experiences good or bad to share?
> ISTR that the default thread library changed with Solaris 9...  did that
> expose any glitches wth worker?

   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [|]