httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <phi...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Source Code Oraginzation
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 15:58:38 GMT
I need good reasons why to do the following

/cgi-bin
   *.pm
   *.plex files (PerlEX)
   *.cgi files
   _no subdirectories_

VS

/cgi-bin
  *.plex
  *.cgi

packages/AMS/
  some *.pm files
  more directories with other *.pm files
  OOP approach

Not quite sure where this one goes, but I know everyone here are more then
qualified to answer this.

I recently took shit for doing this, and I know at the _very_ least this
is correctly from a security standpoint as now _ALL_ our code is out of
web space.  I need other good reasons as well, other then for organization.

Also, documenting where a function is located ?

I like the namespace prefix

package HomeScreens;

@EXPORT = (
	             hs_*
                    )

sub hs_* {

}

sub not_exported_func { }

VS

Export nothing
and use &HomeScreens::hs_*();

I'd like to hear agruments for and against.

END
Philip M. Gollucci philip@p6m7g8.com 301.474.9294 301.646.3011 (cell)

Science, Discovery, & the Universe (UMCP)
Webmaster & Webship Teacher

eJournalPress
Database/PERL Programmer & System Admin

Resume : http://p6m7g8.net/Resume