httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <phi...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject modules/loggers
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 19:00:38 GMT
I working on write mod_log_db
for apache2

It basically is going to do what mod_log_sql does for apache 1.x.x
Except with webinterfaces and multiple database backends.

However, I want the LogFormat parsing that mod_log_config provides.
Is there any documentation on re-using this rather then redoing it like
mod_log_sql did ?

I think that I what I'm looking for is mod_logio ?

static int logio_pre_config(apr_pool_t *p, apr_pool_t *plog, apr_pool_t
*ptemp)
{
    static APR_OPTIONAL_FN_TYPE(ap_register_log_handler) *log_pfn_register;

    log_pfn_register = APR_RETRIEVE_OPTIONAL_FN(ap_register_log_handler);

    if (log_pfn_register) {
        log_pfn_register(p, "I", log_bytes_in, 0);
        log_pfn_register(p, "O", log_bytes_out, 0);
    }

    return OK;
}

While I'm thinking about it, this reallly seems like something a lot of
modules could want.  Are there any plans on abstracting this out of
mod_log_config to maybe an apr/apr-utll set of functions ? I might be
interested in doing it if there is interest.

Thanks for the continued help.

END
Philip M. Gollucci philip@p6m7g8.com 301.474.9294 301.646.3011 (cell)

Science, Discovery, & the Universe (UMCP)
Webmaster & Webship Teacher

eJournalPress
Database/PERL Programmer & System Admin

Resume : http://p6m7g8.net/Resume