httpd-dev mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: mod_deflate -- File size lower bound needed?
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:18:42 GMT

FYI: There was a serious brain fart (mine) in the

I said...

>> 2. If there's no EOS in the brigade yet you have to assume
>> more is coming so now it's nut-crackin' time. If the 'minimum
>> file size' is less than the amount of data already in the first
>> brigade showing up then it's also a no brainer... just pass
>> it on without compressing. If the minimum file size is
>> larger than what's in the first brigade... then it's time to
>> start buffering ( if the code allows it ).

What I meant was that if the 'minimum_file_size' is less than
the amount of data already in the first brigade that shows
up then you already know that this puppy is NOT 'below
the minimum' and ( based on other criteria ) is eligible
for compression. At this point it's is a sure-fire 'MAY' be
compressed depending on other eligibilty checks.