httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject SSLMutex almost ignored in 2.x
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 17:20:44 GMT
Ugg. While looking over some session-cache stuff (I'm thinking about
extending the formats of the cache location to the full range of
shared memory formats supported by APR), I noticed that SSLMutex
will *always* use the default locking mechanism (unless none).
So there is no difference really between file:... and sem. And
file really isn't file if the default is pthread or whatever.

This seems broken to me. I'd like to instead allow SSLMutex to be
more AcceptMutex-like and allow for full control over the
actual mechanism. Before I start scratching this itch, comments?

PS: Might as well ask for comments as well regarding allowing
    SSLSessionCache to be more selectable as well (or, at least,
    using the same shared-mem mechanism as the scoreboard). My
    patch isn't in sharable form yet, but do others think this is
    useful.