httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: story posted
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 19:00:13 GMT
* Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> Do you really think we don't know this?
>
> The point is that at this point we would basically have to mutex every
> call to every 3rd-party library function since we simply don't know which
> ones are threadsafe and which ones aren't.  And if we lock everything,
> isn't it simpler to just go prefork and avoid the whole thing?

just an idea: why not make such mutexes configurable anyway? It would
probably not be such a big effort and lets the user decide. It would need
some documentation (why and when it's neccessary with some hints about TS),
of course.

nd
--
Gib' mal folgendes in die Kommandozeile ein (und einen Moment warten):

net send localhost "Buuuh!"
Na, erschreckt?                              -- Markus Becker in mpdsh