httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo>
Subject Re: story posted
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 19:00:13 GMT
* Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> Do you really think we don't know this?
> The point is that at this point we would basically have to mutex every
> call to every 3rd-party library function since we simply don't know which
> ones are threadsafe and which ones aren't.  And if we lock everything,
> isn't it simpler to just go prefork and avoid the whole thing?

just an idea: why not make such mutexes configurable anyway? It would
probably not be such a big effort and lets the user decide. It would need
some documentation (why and when it's neccessary with some hints about TS),
of course.

Gib' mal folgendes in die Kommandozeile ein (und einen Moment warten):

net send localhost "Buuuh!"
Na, erschreckt?                              -- Markus Becker in mpdsh

View raw message