httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject method registry in request_config?
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:58:17 GMT
(I'm currently working on a forward port of mod_actions' ability to handle
any arbitrary method. This can simply be done by registering the particular
method, but ...)

The current method registry is a static hash. Hmm. Once an unknown method
is used (say, in <Limit> in directory context), it will be registered and
stay there until apache ends.

If you have some users, that try out some methods (maybe accidentally),
then the list fills up. I think, a better way to handle the method registry
would be as follows:

- keep a static list, so that modules can register permanent methods at
startup. After startup (post_config-hook?) the static list will be closed
(i.e., no further entries allowed).
- if now during the requesr phase some module registers a method it will be
stored within an additional hash stored in r->request_config (of core?).
Thus the static list will be kept "clean".

The method_register API can easily hide these details, so that shouldn't be
a problem for other modules.

WDYT?

nd
--
my @japh = (sub{q~Just~},sub{q~Another~},sub{q~Perl~},sub{q~Hacker~});
my $japh = q[sub japh { }]; print join       #########################