httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: PR 17462: let mod_rewrite hard limit its internal redirects
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 01:46:35 GMT
* Mads Toftum wrote:

> On second thought (after looking through my odd collection of rewrite examples)
> I do tend to agree with you, since I'm having a very hard time imagining
> any case where even more than a couple would be useful. So I'm all for
> limiting to 10 (or even 5 for that matter) as long as it will result in an
> explanatory message to the error_log (LogLevel debug).

Well, attached a patch to limit the redirects. I'm just unsure before
committing: One can use

RewriteOptions MaxRedirects=n

to change the limit (also during a redirect, seems to make sense for me
anyway). In contrast to all the other mod_rewrite config stuff it's
inherited all the time regardless of the RewriteOptions inherit setting. Is
that behaviour okay or should we respect the inherit option here, too?

Just FYI: my little testsuite. Put the following into the document root
directory container ... (after applying the patch ;-)

RewriteEngine On
#RewriteOptions MaxRedirects=20
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule (.*) / [L]