httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: story posted
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 15:58:48 GMT
> Is it really #1 module??  *sigh*

Yup, by far.

> From my experience and that of some of programmers I know, PHP people are
> very reluctant to admit that they have bugs or fix their bugs.  Usually
> they find it better to argue that you're the idiot and their code works
> (even when it does not).

Most reported bugs are actually user error, and there are volunteers who
are usually not actually hard core PHP developers who go through and clean
up the bug reports and ask for more info when needed.  They don't always
get it right, but they reduce the load on the developers who tackle the
tough problems.

-Rasmus