httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brandon Bell" <Brandon_B...@bcit.ca>
Subject Re: story posted
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 03:58:36 GMT
Okay guys, I have to weigh in here as a non-developer and add a comment re
all of this back and forth discussion on whether PHP or Apache 2.0 is the
problem for why they don't work/play together properly.

As an end user, I don't give a f*ck why it doesn't work!  But I can tell
you this -- until it does I have to stick with Apache 1.3.x.  My sites and
applications depend on PHP _way_ more then they depend on the nice new
features of Apache 2.0.  Sure, I'd like to make the move and in fact tried
to until I bumped my head on the wall finding out the hard way that it
doesn't get along with PHP.  And I'm sure there are tones of other PHP
developers out there saying the same thing.  I'm also sure that the uptake
to 2.0 is absolutely hindered because of this incompatibility.  I would
imagine that this problem would create some sense of urgency to get these
two to work together -- and definitely more so on the side of the Apache
developers since PHP is the #1 module in use out there for Apache.  That's
a lot of people who simply cannot make the switch.

Don't offer me a CVS account and suggest that I come and fix it myself.
I'm up to my eyeballs as it is.  Until Apache 2.x works with PHP, I'm
sticking with 1.3.x.  Sorry.

-- Brandon