httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Rivera <Juan.Riv...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Artificial delay on traffic
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:30:53 GMT
When I create the backend socket, I call ap_sock_disable_nagle(). Is there
something else I have to do?

Best regards,

Juan C. Rivera
Citrix Systems, Inc. <http://www.citrix.com/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Bannert [mailto:aaron@clove.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 5:02 PM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Artificial delay on traffic

Could it be TCP_CORK?

-aaron

On Thursday, February 13, 2003, at 12:14 PM, Juan Rivera wrote:

I wrote a SOCKS module for Apache 2. I started off with the proxy_connect
code and added the SOCKS handshake plus the filter chain on the client
socket. I use it to pass ICA traffic. The ICA protocol is a very chatty
protocol; it sends very small packets back and forth.

At first I was experiencing very large latency but it was because the socket
created to the backend had nagling enabled. I disabled that and latency drop
to almost zero.

On Linux, I still experience some latency but I can not identify the
problem. The httpd process is not saturating at all. I'm wondering if there
is another type of hidden buffering that is causing that delay.