httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Manni Wood" <mw...@digitas.com>
Subject RE: mod_usertrack bugfix patch
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:13:18 GMT
Cliff,

Interesting you should mention this. An older version of the patch I wrote (I've been working
on the problem off an on for over a year) did what you said: loop over the delimiters and
parse each name=value pair into an apache table. Then, I asked the apache table if the cookie
was present. (These older patches are linked to from http://manniwood.net/mod_usertrack_patch.html,
at the bottom of the page.)

What I could do is use the code I wrote to parse the cookie header into the apache table,
but make two improvements:

1. Use both ';' and ',' as delimitors, and
2. Stop processing the cookie header as soon as I find the tracking cookie, and don't bother
putting the cookies into an ap_table at all.

Does this sound like the best approach to you? It wouldn't take me very long to code.

-Manni

Manni Wood, Programmer, Digitas
800 Boylston Street, Boston, MA, 02199
617 867 1881 mwood@digitas.com

"Most men would rather die than think. Many do."    --Bertrand Russell