httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Trevor Hurst <t...@sgi.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0.44 w/ auth_ldap build errors
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:28:13 GMT
Cliff Woolley wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
> > it would be useful if ./configure --help for Apache would also display
> > apr and apr-util --help screen if the Apache configure is going to
> > configure apr and apr-util as well
>
> ++1!

Please, someone try to help me out here again... argh! ;-/

I've installed OpenLDAP to use the headers and libs but
still to no avail...same error when I pass it the info
for the configure:

./configure --with-ldap --enable-ldap --enable-auth-ldap
--with-ldap-include=/usr/freeware/include/ \
--with-ldap-lib=/usr/freeware/lib32 --with-ldap=libldap.so.3

checking for ldap support...
  setting APRUTIL_INCLUDES to "-I/usr/freeware/include/"
  setting APRUTIL_LDFLAGS to "-L/usr/freeware/lib32"
checking for ldap_init in -l... no
configure: error: could not find an LDAP library
configure failed for srclib/apr-util

Why doesn't it like/see my ldap library I'm pointing it to?
Am I supposed to use some development libraries instead??

I'm at a complete loss of what in the world it's wanting!?

Any ideas guys?

Thanks,

-- Trev