httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: auth_ldap authentication as user
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:26:50 GMT
Sebastian Tusk wrote:

> I do. Can you please reread my previous post. That is not the problem.
> The problem is that for the first user auth_ldap binds as admin with the
> binddn and the bindpassword provided in the httpd.conf. But then
> auth_ldap binds as the user that has authenticated.

For the purposes of finding out whether that person's password is
correct. This is correct behaviour.

> The problem is that
> this user may not have enough previleges to do further searches. But
> auth_ldap uses searches as part of the authentication process.

So what you are saying is that the group search, etc is happening while
bound as a user, rather than bound as the admin? If this is the case it
is a bug - please add it to the bugzilla database so it does not fall
through the cracks.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon