httpd-dev mailing list archives

From David Tunkrans <david.tunkr...@netinsight.net>
Subject Problems while cross-compiling Apache 2
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:52:08 GMT
Hi

I have searched both the user and dev lists for hints on how to
cross-compile Apache 2, however with minor success. I am currently
trying to cross-compile for arm-linux and what I have done so far is to
modify the build scripts to get it to compile at all:

CC=arm-linux $APACHE_SRC_DIR/configure --host=arm-linux
--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --srcdir $APACHE_SRC_DIR --prefix
$APACHE_DIST_DIR/$APACHE_PREFIX

* Test fails:  set prgp (Set process group ID, ac_cv_func_setpgrp=no)
- Action: Overriden

* Somehow the test for size_t_fmt fails in /srclib/apr/configure.in
- Action: added a temporary hack in configure.in

# Basically, we have tried to figure out the correct format strings
# for APR types which vary between platforms, but we don't always get
# it right.  If you find that we don't get it right for your platform,
# you can override our decision below.

case $host in
   *linux*)
       off_t_fmt='#define APR_OFF_T_FMT "ld"'
       case $host in
           s390*)
               size_t_fmt='#define APR_SIZE_T_FMT "ld"'
               ;;
           arm*)
               dnl Temporary Hack
  	       ssize_t_fmt='#define APR_SSIZE_T_FMT "ld"'
               size_t_fmt='#define APR_SIZE_T_FMT "ld"'
	       off_t_fmt='#define APR_OFF_T_FMT "ld"'
               ;;

* IPPROTO_SCTP and SCTP_NODELAY are not set.
- Action: added temporary hack in configure.in

echo "${nl}Checking for IPv6 Networking support..."
dnl Start of checking for IPv6 support...

AC_ARG_ENABLE(ipv6,
  [  --disable-ipv6          Disable IPv6 support in APR.],
  [ if test "$enableval" = "no"; then
        user_disabled_ipv6=1
    fi ],
  [ user_disabled_ipv6=0 ] )

case $host in
  *apple-darwin*)
    # It appears that Jaguar has all the right features, but
    # getnameinfo() fails to find the hostname for a mapped
    # address.
    broken_ipv6=1
    ;;
  *arm*-linux*)
    # Temporary Hack
    have_sctp="0"
    ;;
  *)
    broken_ipv6=0
esac

What I have run into now is that gen_uri_delims that is executed during
compile is actually compiled for arm-linux which makes the build fail.
My questions are:

1. Is Apache 2 prepared for cross-compiling or is there a lot of work
ahead?
2. The problems that I have encountered are they due to not enabling or
disabling features in the main configuration script.
3. Is there a way to get the gen_uri_delims to be compiled for the build
platform and is it correct to specify CC for autoconf2.5+ ? (see
http://www.gnu.org/manual/autoconf/html_node/autoconf_164.html#SEC164)

Thanks in advance,

David

--
David Tunkrans                   Net Insight AB
                                 Box 42093, SE-126 14 STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN