httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Patches and Enhancements for a SSL-Proxy Based on Apache 2.0 (mod_ssl, mod_proxy, mod_headers)
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 06:14:30 GMT
Maik Mueller wrote:

> I'm neither the author of mod_headers nor can I see a bug in the current
> behaviour.

I overhauled mod_headers for Apache v2.0, so I am pretty confident it is
a bug. I will look at it sometime this weekend.

> You have to do both in any case. The check itself causes the performance
> penalty.

Looking at RFC2616, I don't see any reference to a character set
restriction in the headers (but I may have missed it). RFC2616 describes
the field-content of a header as:

<the OCTETs making up the field-value
and consisting of either *TEXT or combinations
of token, separators, and quoted-string>

It goes on to say that leading and trailing whitespace is ignored, and
whitespace interspersed in the header may be replaced with a single
space character, but other than that there is no mention of any
character set restrictions.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon