httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: mod_authn_mysql
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 19:00:32 GMT
Hi Paul.
some quick comments about your code.

1. using signal is not good, or portable, or threadsafe ;( Is there a
way to write a mysql sql connection without using signals at all?

2. connection pools would be a good thing IMHO

3. instead of specifying the userfield/passwordfield/table as directives
maybe specify a SQL string with token placement
eg. "select count(*) from usertabels where user=%U and realm=%R and
password=crypt(%P)"

4. I'm unsure about what the consequences of including a GPL header is.
    you pointed out in IRC that there is a Public domain version of
libmysql available (which is what PHP includes) does your module work
with that?

otherwise i'm +1 on it

have you recieved any other comments about it?