httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: Strange Behavior of Apache 2.0.43 on SPARC MP system
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:52:31 GMT
Hi Min.

I'm not sure if this would make a difference in 2.0.43,
but you might want to configure apache to use non-portable-atomics
   --enable-nonportable-atomics=yes

I think the worker MPM can then take advantage of this, and remove a
mutex lock (replacing it with a spin) which may give you better
performance with multiple CPUs.

1 other point.
you might want to disable some CPU's, and re-run your test. (eg.. on a 8
cpu machine) and see if that helps