httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: story posted
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 12:44:56 GMT

Jeff Trawick wrote:

> You can also see text in our bug database from a prominent PHP developer
> saying that the filter API needs to be redone from scratch (my
> paraphrase).  For the enthusiastic PHP users, such comments carry a lot
> of weight and imply that PHP isn't production ready with 2.0 not because
>  nobody has made it a high priority to make PHP production ready but
> instead because there is something flawed about Apache 2.0.

Of course, there's a little bit of truth to everything :)

Somebody just closed a PR indicating that PHP was broken because it
checked the retcode of ap_pass_brigade() but needed to check c->aborted.
  ISTR some discussion here to fix some issues with propagating errors
from filters so that, among other things, the retcode could be checked
to find out if this occurred.