httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: choosing the right branch to commit
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 01:55:02 GMT
[ Moved from another list... ]

--On Wednesday, February 19, 2003 12:24 PM +1100 Stas Bekman
<stas@stason.org> wrote:

> I'm confused about the branches naming. Is the following correct:

You're not the only one.  I suggested a long time ago renaming the
trees (when we did this whole mess), but was loudly shouted down.  I
think having httpd 2.1 living in httpd-2.0 defies any rational
explanation.

> HEAD is 2.1.0, so retrieving the httpd-2.0 rep, without specifying
> the tag will give me the 2.1.0-dev tree trunk:
>
> % cvs co -d httpd-2.1 httpd-2.0
>
> So now if I commit things from the dir httpd-2.1 they will go to
> the dev trunk.
>
> To work with the stable tree, I checkout the APACHE_2_0_BRANCH:
>
> % cvs co -d httpd-2.0-stable -r APACHE_2_0_BRANCH httpd-2.0
>
> now if I commit from the httpd-2.0-stable, things will go to the
> stable tree.

FWIW, your synopsis seems correct.  Feel free to commit an
explanation to httpd-site...  -- justin