httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: mod_authn_mysql
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2003 00:24:11 GMT
--On Friday, February 14, 2003 4:26 PM -0700 David Shane Holden
<dpejesh@yahoo.com> wrote:

> My problem isn't managing a pool of connections... it's if process
> A creates the connection, process B can use it with no problem, but
> if process C tries to use it, it barfs and spikes in a function in
> libpq, i think it was pgbytes.

You can't really share connections across processes.  Across threads,
perhaps.  But, sharing them across processes is asking for trouble.
You'd usually be relying upon shmem which is tricky and not really
meant for sharing shm-able data structures.  (Some custom OS
techniques might be available, but they wouldn't be portable.)  --
justin