httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: layering mod_auth_digest and mod_python authentication in apache2
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:55:21 GMT
--On Monday, February 10, 2003 3:39 PM -0800 Paul Querna
<chip@cyan.com> wrote:

> What I want is AuthDigest to decode the username, and password, and
> then to pass this onto my mod_python authenticationn scripts,
> without having to re-write the entire mod_auth_digest in Python.

The easiest thing to do would be to rewrite mod_python's
authentication handler as an auth provider for 2.1.  You would want
to make sure that the provider implements the get_realm_hash function.

That doesn't help for 2.0, but you can't do this type of layering in
2.0 anyway.  -- justin