httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 CHANGES
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 03:55:11 GMT
On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 05:10:12PM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On Thursday, February 27, 2003 12:02 PM +1100 Stas Bekman
> <stas@stason.org> wrote:
>
> > So if absolutely anything added to the dev branch must have a vote
> > for before merging back to the stable branch, I stand corrected and
> > will make sure that this won't happen again in the future. I
> > thought that the common sense should be applied when judging what
> > can be backported without the vote.
>
> Heh.  The entire reason for the vote is to prevent 'common sense'
> from interfering with the stability of the tree.  -- justin

Bah. That's insanity. A bug fix is a bug fix. We never took votes for bug
fixes for 1.3, and I see no reason to start now.

Feature changes? Sure, we voted for those.

Seriously, people. If there is a bug, then it should be fixed no matter
where it lies. Sure, there can be some waffling based on *how* a bug is
fixed, and hopefully people will know when to ask.

What's the problem with fixing a bug. Really?

And remember: this *is* source control. If somebody commits a bug fix and
people want to shoot it down, then we can revert it. But assuming
correctness and committing the fix is hella better than gating every single
little change.

Cheers,
-g

--