httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Querna" <c...@cyan.com>
Subject Re: round 2 of mod_authn_mysql
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 05:22:40 GMT
> this one could be taken from an OS lib:
> mod_authn_mysql.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes
> Symbol __imp__tmpnam but I think you should better use here
> APR_DECLARE(apr_status_t) apr_file_mktemp(apr_file_t **fp, char
> *templ,                                          apr_int32_t flags,
>  apr_pool_t *p); to be platform-independent...

done.  This should help with the problems DW had on trusted Solaris.(I hope)

> and added this:
> #include "util_md5.h"       /* for ap_md5 */

added.

> and I'm not happy with the #include "mysql/mysql.h"; with this I
> have to set an additional include path because all other headers
> from mysql dont prefix with mysql. This is only a problem on other
> platforms than unix; on unix the directory below mysql is always
> already in the include path...

changed.

updated version(0.0.6) now on http://open.cyanworlds.com

I am having problems with segfaults on apache shutdown now(gdb says in
_dl_lookup_versioned_symbol).  I think like DW hinted at earlier, not
everything is being cleaned up properly.

I have also done some basic testing with ab.  I found in most cases setting
the Hard Max to around 20 mysql connections was best.(Any more than this and I
stressed the MySQL Server too much.. that might just be my testing setup too)

Using the threaded worker MPM(about 1800 rec/sec) resulted in much better than
the same config using pre-fork MPM(about 450 rec/sec).

thanks again for the help with win32.

-chip