httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: round 2 of mod_authn_mysql
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:49:50 GMT

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Paul Querna wrote:

> DW> mysql_init can return a NULL;

> According the MySQL Website and documentaion, only
> mysql_real_connect/mysql_connect are not thread safe.

Ack - I had a bang around the close - must have been something else.

> I can't find any function called "apr_psnprintf" in the apr documentation, and
> grep`ing the APR source I couldn't find it either.  It doesn't look like there
> is a apr_psprintf implmetation that checks the size.

Hmm - yes you are 100% right. My bad. Only psprintf. and snprintf but not
the combination. Shame. Big shame :-)

> I have added Error Checking to it now.  I haven't seen any APR wrapper for it,

Nope; that never got written. Just checked.

> and I am using tmpnam in the same way mod_auth_digest creates its own global
> mutex. ( modules/aaa/mod_auth_digest.c - line 329 )

Right - but somewhere else may be just as wrong :-) I've added it to my
little todo list to look at one time (not so soon :-(.

> I am still waiting to hear anything from DavidA@mysql.com regarding the
> licensing issues of linking to the libmysqlclient. I would like to get them
> sorted out soon.

Dw.