httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Hacker at Large <hackeratla...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Solaris 8 + gcc 3.2.1 + libtool = fuckup...
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:01:27 GMT
Pier, and others:

> Cannot load /opt/apache/modules/mod_status.so into
> server: ld.so.1:
> /opt/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
> /opt/apache/modules/mod_status.so: symbol
__floatdisf:
> referenced symbol not found

I discovered the above mentioned discussion while I
was plagued with the same problem on Solaris 7. The
bits of information in your discussion led me to what
I believe is a reasonable solution. If this has been
otherwise solved, I apollogise for wasting your time.

I grabbed libgcc from sunfreeware and compiled Apache
2.0.44 as follows:
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -lgcc_s" ./configure \
       --enable-mods-shared=most \
       --prefix=/usr/local/apache_2.0.44
make

It's working fine so far. It's not ideal due to the
external library dependancy created, but it's better
than a kick in the head.

Cheers!
Stephen