httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Querna" <c...@cyan.com>
Subject Re: layering mod_auth_digest and mod_python authentication in apache2
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 00:42:27 GMT
On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:55:21 -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote
> The easiest thing to do would be to rewrite mod_python's
> authentication handler as an auth provider for 2.1.  You would want
> to make sure that the provider implements the get_realm_hash function.
>
> That doesn't help for 2.0, but you can't do this type of layering in
> 2.0 anyway.  -- justin

Okay, so now the big question, how long do you think it will be before
Apache2.1 is released?  2 Months? 6 Months? 1+ Year(s)?

I am willing to code it out for Apache2.1 assuming it will be coming fairly
soon, but if it is too far off, i will have todo it another way.

-chip