httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [1.3 PATCH] enhance some trace messages
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:07:46 GMT
At 7:47 AM -0500 1/16/03, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>

>>  Second,
>>change the ap_log_error to the variable args version rather than
>>using a temporary buffer and ap_snprintf.
>
>I'm afraid you've lost me here.  What function is there to use in
>place of ap_log_error()?  Somehow use ap_pstrcat() and pass the buffer
>it builds to ap_log_error()?

I think Roy means something like:

   if (!sin_client)
      ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_WARNING, server_conf,
       "setsockopt: (TCP_NODELAY)");
   else
      ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_WARNING, server_conf,
       "setsockopt: (TCP_NODELAY), client %pA probably dropped the connection",
       &sin_client->sin_addr);

This avoids needing 'buf'