httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/aaa mod_authn_dbm.c
Date Wed, 01 Jan 2003 18:21:13 GMT
* nd@apache.org wrote:

> nd          2002/12/31 20:08:26
>
>   Modified:    modules/aaa mod_authn_dbm.c
>   Log:
>   add support for digest authentication to the authn_dbm module. The
>   key is "$user:$realm" (perl speaking), the value is the MD5-hash,
>   optionally followed by a colon and other garbage.

hmm, although "$user:$realm" semantically _is_ the key, that causes the
problem, that mod_authz_dbm won't support it (it currently doesn't support
digest authentication anyway). What would be the best variant?

- do some magic, i.e. if AuthType digest then use "$user" and
"$user:$realm" as lookup key (in which order?)

- make it configurable (additional argument to AuthDBMGroupFile?)

- consider a provider mechanism for authorization modules, too?

My favourites are the second or third option :)
better ideas?

nd
--
die (eval q-qq:Just Another Perl Hacker