httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Review desired - mod_ident (was: move RFC 1413 out of core?)
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 01:32:12 GMT
* Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> --On Monday, January 13, 2003 1:13 AM +0100 André Malo <nd@perlig.de>
> wrote:
>
>> hmm, I'd like to move the ident code out of core into a separate
>> module,  say "mod_ident", since it's a feature, which is hardly
>> used in more than 1%  of the cases, where the apache httpd will be
>> used. But before doing any  effort: are there any objections on
>> this?
>
> Sounds decent.  I wouldn't even turn it on by default.
>
> Of course, this is 2.1+ only.  -- justin

well, been there, done that ;-)

I've attached the full patch against HEAD. Changes to the rfc1413.c/core
code:

- added IdentityCheckTimeout directive (defaults to 30)
- the ident lookup is plugged via an optional function
- the function ap_rfc1413 no longer exists (to avoid failures, resp. force
  compile errors if someone trys)
- -> removed rfc1413.c and rfc1413.h
- put mod_ident.c into modules/metadata (ok? or is there a better place?)

I'd like to let someone review before committing, because it's at least a
bunch of core changes.

(module documentation follows then.)

nd
--
s  s^saaaaaoaaaoaaaaooooaaoaaaomaaaa  a  alataa  aaoat  a  a
a maoaa a laoata  a  oia a o  a m a  o  alaoooat aaool aaoaa